One of my favorite recipes during these cold upcoming days is my 3 bean chili with ground turkey. The recipe is as follows:
3 Bean Turkey Chili
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can white beans
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can pink beans
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 8oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 dashes of apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup stock or water
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tbs cumin (helps maintain glucose levels)
- 3 tbs paprika (provides vitamin A and carotenoids)
- 3 tbs cinnamon (Great anti-inflammatory)
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper (aids in weight loss)
- Olive oil
- Salt to taste
- In a wide pot, heat enough olive oil over medium high heat to just coat the bottom of the pot. Add the celery, carrots, onion, garlic, some salt and cook for about 8-10 minutes.
- Once vegetables are translucent, add ground turkey, a pinch salt and half the cumin, paprika, cinnamon and cayenne pepper.
- Once the turkey is cooked through, add your 3 beans, apple cider vinegar, diced tomatoes, and the other half of the spices.
- Once you can smell the spices, add your stock or water, bay leaf and a pinch more salt. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 45 min. Serve over a roasted spaghetti squash with a pinch of cinnamon and you have yourself a nice warming bowl of chili. Enjoy!
Want more delicious, easy-to-make recipes? Enter your email here!
Want to revamp your health with a coach who’s ALSO a chef? You can email Farrah at email@example.com, and set up a FREE More Energy, Less Stress Breakthrough Session. It only takes about 30 minutes over the phone and is a chance for you to ask questions, discuss your own health history, and the best way to reach your personal goals based on your body type, lifestyle, and preferences! You can learn more about Farrah here.