There’s nothing like biting into a juicy strawberry to let you know summer has finally arrived! These sweet berries are packed with dietary fiber to keep you full, and are a great way to get your body bikini-ready. Not to mention, strawberries are proven to help in wrinkle prevention, eye health, and lowering bad cholesterol that clogs arteries (Ick, no one wants that!). Next time you pass by these beauties at the local market, be sure to pick some up!
Did you know you can make whipped cream out of MACADAMIA NUTS? Why the macadamia nut cream? By pairing those berries with a healthy fat, you are going to slow down the absorption on fructose (fruit sugar) in the blood stream, giving you more steady sustained energy, and keeping you fuller, longer.
Here’s a yummy recipe to substitute those ice cream cravings this heat is bound to bring. This strawberry goodness will make you say no to that sundae and YES PLEASE to this healthy alternative.
Strawberries & Macadamia NUT Cream
1 Cup Fresh Strawberries, halved
- 3/4 c. macadamia nuts, soaked in 1/2 c. water for 30 minutes
- 2 Tb agave nectar or a few drops of stevia
- splash of vanilla extract
- Place all the ingredients (water included) into a blender and mix for a good 5 minutes until whipped and smooth.
- Place on top of strawberries and plain greek yogurt and ENJOY!
Want more cool wellness tips and recipes? Stay in touch by leaving your name and email below!