IIN (The Institute for Integrative Nutrition) just released their Spring Salad Guide! You can get your own copy of it here, and in the meantime, check out this Grilled Pineapple, Upland Cress, & Avocado Salad by Eileen Z. Fuentes. (www.thespeach.com)
If you have any questions about IIN feel free to shoot me a message at email@example.com.
- 1 bunch upland cress
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored – cut into 1 inch thick slices
- 1-2 avocados
- 1/4 tbs coconut palm sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 c extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs apple cider vinegar or fresh lime juice
- 1/8 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Rinse upland cress in a colander under cold running water to remove grit or sand. Discard any yellow leaves. Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Set stovetop grill or barbecue to medium high heat.
- Place the pineapple slices on a baking pan and sprinkle the coconut palm sugar evenly on top of them. Transfer pineapple to grill and heat for a total of 5-7 minutes on each side, until lightly golden brown.
- While pineapple is grilling, place the garlic, olive oil, vinegar or lime juice, cumin, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Taste for seasoning. Set aside.
- Cut the avocado(s) into 1-inch cubes.
- Place the upland cress in a medium bowl and toss with half the dressing, then arrange on a platter. Add the pineapple and avocado to the same bowl and toss with the rest of the dressing.
- Mound the pineapple slices and avocado pieces over the bed of upland cress.
- Garnish with slivers of red onion and serve immediately.